Friday 16 March 2012

A newbie's pattern stash


Tanit-Isis' post a few weeks ago got me thinking about stash storage and also left me feeling a tiny bit grateful that I'm not faced with her problem (yet! When we buy a house all bets are off!).

I love seeing pictures and reading posts about other people's stashes, am grateful for them even. THV only muttered once about the size of my cross stitch stash - I promptly showed him some pictures online of other ladies' hoards and he hasn't uttered a peep since. Smart man.

So while it is still adorable and tiny I thought I'd share my pattern stash with you guys:


Yup, thats it for individual patterns! I can fit the entire stack in my purse if I really needed to for some bizarre reason (Armageddon?). Not pictured are some Burda magazines and 2 books have some patterns in them. That subject might be fodder for another quick blog post :)

Lets see whats in the stack...


The "good patterns" aka. the ones I'm seriously interested in making (well aside from that tote bag, it just needed to go somewhere).


The aprons! I went through a phase apparently. Although in my defense two of those were gifts. Number of aprons I've made? 1!


The WTF patterns. Top two were scrounged from my mom's long unused stash. The best of a pile of 1980s patterns. The dog bed pattern I bought right when I started sewing and was terrified to sew a straight line without a pattern holding my hand. Hmmm, well I'm really not much better now, but I can at least figure out how to make pet beds without a pattern!


Randoms. Top two my grandmother bought me at craft shows. The Amy Butler Heather and I bought together at a quilting store with the idea of time-sharing it and I seem to have held it hostage ever since. Ooops. Sorry Heather!

Bottom left is actually one of my favorite patterns of all time. My awesome sewing aunt has made me two muumuus from this pattern. Never to be worn in public, perfect for super hot summer days at the cottage or an un-airconditioned apartment. After the last muumuu she just gave me the pattern to make my own :)



And finally, my newest pattern! A birthday present even! Can't wait to make it, assuming I can ever find 60" wide knit fabric that I: 1. like and 2. can afford

Thats it! All of my patterns. Not many now, but it's a slippery slope I've started down....

Do you collect patterns like candy or slowly and carefully add to your stash? Anyone else have a "wtf was I thinking?" pile?

3 comments:

  1. Aw, what an adorable itty bitty wee pattern stash! It's so cute! Actually, what amazes me is that you've got so little of the big 4 patterns! Keep being choosy and you're stash SHOULD remain manageable. That, and getting rid of the wtf's as you discover them. :D

    I have a wtf pile that's ready to be shipped off to the thrift shop for the next sucker to pick up. I really should cull the stash a bit more. Maybe once my sewing area is organized a bit more, I'll do a post showing it off, including my own method of pattern organization.

    Dammit I want that renfrew pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got some good stuff! I don't have many WTFs, but I do have a lot of, "When will I ever get to that!" I always say the summer (teacher), but no summer is that long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing your newbie's pattern stash! It's impressive how a small "clothing pattern" collection can hold so much potential. I chuckled at your "WTF patterns" and can totally relate. Looking forward to seeing your future creations!

    ReplyDelete